A new approach to travel
Sustainable travel doesn’t necessarily mean having to live without it completely. Sustainable travel means greater awareness and depth and more enjoyment. With this in mind, Switzerland follows its own sustainability strategy: Swisstainable.
Swisstainable is all about having one’s finger on the pulse – and maximum relaxation in a natural setting:
1. Enjoy nature up close and at first hand
2. Experience the local culture in an authentic way
3. Consume regional products
4. Stay for longer and delve deeper
Global Destination Sustainability Movement (GDS)
Switzerland Tourism and eight Swiss Destinations have entered a partnership with the GDS-movement. Their index evaluates and rates the social and environmental performance of a destination. This contributes to an improvement in performance and helps to create sustainable meeting destinations in the longer term.
Need more information?
The Switzerland Convention & Incentive Bureau is a national non-profit-making organisation, representing the leading conference destinations, national event organisers as well as transport companies. As a central enquiry contact, the Switzerland Convention & Incentive Bureau offers free of charge independent assistance in planning your event in Switzerland.
Our independent advice is provided free and with no obligations. We will help you to quickly source a venue and compile a quote, and will accompany you on an inspection visit.
We offer the following basic services free of charge:
• Advice on selecting the right destination
• Sourcing of competent service providers
• Delivery of promotional material
In particular for organisers of congresses:
• Analysis of congress requirements and conditions
• Creation of pitch documentation
• Assistance with presenting a congress application
• Organising the inspection of destinations and the associated invitations
• Delivery of checklists
• Meet & greet service at the airport
Sourcing of destinations and service providers for: clarification of prices and availabilities, reservation of congress premises, reservation and management of hotel assignments, organisation of social programs, excursions and transfers, information points for congress participants
Belgium & Luxembourg:
T +32 (0)2 345 83 57 E
Lisette Van Dolderen,
T +31 (0)20 620 92 29,
~Lily Frank and Lucas Smith